Cawson’s Essentials of Oral Pathology and Oral Medicine : This is a added edition of a everlasting textbook of oral pathology and oral medicine for dental students and candidates for postgraduate dentistry exams. Illustrated in colour throughout, the photo album offers a amassed establishment to the pathology of oral sickness, its clinical manifestations and the principles of dispensation. A unadulterated section deals gone the medically compromised patient. Comprehensive coverage of both oral pathology and oral medicine in a single paperback volume.
Key Features :
- Ideal for both undergraduate and post-graduate dentistry exams
- Lucid writing style provides easy access to essential information
- Illustrated in high quality throughout, with over 80 new full colour images
- Ample use of flow charts guide the student thorough the process of differential diagnosis for a range of conditions
- Classic text explaining the dental relevance of a range of systemic diseases
- Updated chapters on cancer and premalignancy, including new information on disease management.
- New section on healing of the normal tooth socket, and pathology of osseointegration and sinusitis.
- Includes discussion of controversial issues such as prophylaxis for infective endocarditis.
- Addition of new WHO disease classifications – such as premalignancy.
- New section on the relationship between the pathology of caries and its treatment.
- Usability of diagnostic flow charts improved by addition of icons to the relevant sections of text referring the reader to the flow chart.
- Many sections improved and updated, including cleft lip and palate, maxillary sinusitis and lichenoid reactions to amalgam restorations.
- New section on implants, implant related lesions and osseointegration.
Table of Contents :
SECTION 1: Hard Tissue Pathology
2 Disorders of tooth development
3 Disorders of development
4 Dental caries
5 Pulpitis and apical periodontitis
6 Tooth wear, resorption, hypercementosis and osseointegration
7 Gingival and periodontal diseases
8 Infections of the jaws
9 Major infections of the mouth and face
10 Cysts in and around the jaws
11 Odontogenic tumours and related jaw lesions
12 Non-odontogenic tumours of the jaws
13 Genetic, metabolic and other non-neoplastic bone diseases
14 Disorders of the temporomandibular joints and trismus
SECTION 2: Soft Tissue Disease
15 Diseases of the oral mucosa: mucosal infections
16 Diseases of the oral mucosa: non-infective stomatitis
17 Tongue disorders
18 Benign chronic white mucosal lesions
19 Potentially malignant disorders
20 Oral cancer
21 Other mucosal and lip carcinomas
22 Non-neoplastic diseases of salivary glands
23 Salivary gland neoplasms
24 Benign mucosal swellings
25 Soft tissue tumours
26 Oral pigmented lesions
SECTION 3: Systemic Disease in Dentistry
27 Anaemias, leukaemias and lymphomas
28 Haemorrhagic disorders
30 Allergy, autoimmune and autoinflammatory disease
31 Cervical lymphadenopathy
32 Cardiovascular disease
33 Respiratory tract disease
34 Gastrointestinal and liver disease
35 Nutritional deficiencies
36 Endocrine disorders and pregnancy
37 Renal disease
38 Pain and neurological disorders
39 Physical and learning disability
40 Mental health disorders
41 Dentistry and elderly patients
42 Complications of systemic drug treatment
43 Medical emergencies
SECTION 4: Self-Assessment Questions and Learning Guides
44 Learning guide
Cawson’s Essentials of Oral Pathology and Oral Medicine free PDF download link given below